Scholarship Information for Years 12 and 13 Students
1. IPENZ Engineering Scholarship
The scholarship closes on 10th October. See the website link given for full information and application.
2. University of Auckland Scholarships:
*100 University of Auckland Scholarships awarded for academic excellence, all-round ability and leadership potential of students wishing to enter a full-time undergraduate degree programme. The scholarships are for three years and pay tuition fees and $2,500 per year for students in the Auckland region.
Applicants are assessed on the basis of their year 12 results. As a general guideline, applicants should have achieved NCEA Level 2 with at least an excellence endorsement or have achieved a UCAS Tariff of at least 300 or have a predicted IB score over 40 points. In addition applicants will have displayed leadership potential, all round ability and achievement in cultural and sporting activities, commitment to the wider community and motivation to attend a research-led university. In the past the University has awarded up to five University of Auckland scholarships to students at any one school.
*44 University of Auckland Chancellor’s Awards for Top Maori and Pacific Scholars, awarded for three years. The award is for tuition fees and $2,500 per year; some students will be selected to receive accommodation payments in their first year instead.
Applicants are assessed on the basis of their year 12 results. In addition the basis of selection will be demonstrated cultural participation in Māori or Pacific contexts, all-round ability, leadership potential, motivation to attend and likelihood to succeed at a research-led university.
*22 University of Auckland Alumni Scholarships awarded for academic achievement and financial hardship. The award is for the minimum duration of the Undergraduate degree programme and is valued at $2,500 per year. Please can schools ensure that they only nominate ONE applicant to be considered for selection?
*135 University of Auckland Jubilee Awards for academic merit, the potential to succeed at university and financial need. The award is $2,000 each year for three years. Students would be expected to achieve a rank score of at least 200 in NCEA or CIE or 27 in IB on entering The University in addition to showing financial need.
Students should go to the University website, Prospective students, Scholarships and awards to find information and regulations for these and other scholarships and to apply.
To apply for a scholarship, an applicant will first need to apply for admission to the University. After submitting their application to The University, applicants will be able to apply for one or more entry-level scholarships. More information about the online process is available on the Scholarships website.
Please note the closing date for completed applications is Wednesday 3 September 2014. Referees’ reports and other supporting documents must also be received by this date as late or incomplete applications cannot be accepted. This is earlier than the application closing dates for entry into university, so it is important for your students to remember this date.
3. University of Otago
• Online applications for these scholarships are now open at http://www.otago.ac.nz/study/scholarships/database/otago020033.html Applications close Friday 15 August.
• Our Guide to Applying for Entrance Scholarships to help students decide what awards to apply for and help them through the application process. This can be accessed as a downloadable PDF document at the website above.
• Once applications close on 15 August, we will perform an initial shortlisting of students for whom school-based references will be sought and, if you have had any students shortlisted, contact you about this. We currently have this email address on file for this process, but if you would prefer we sent such requests to a different [email] address, please just let us know. References will be due by late August/early September (date to be confirmed).
Note that students should ask referees before nominating them though, so if you receive such a request it shouldn’t come as a surprise!
Should you or any of your students have any queries about the scholarship process which isn’t covered in our Guide to Applying for Entrance Scholarships, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. University of Cnaterbury- visit website: